Keeping Your Family And Home Safe From Black Mold

Black mold is very serious and should not be ignored. If you have black mold in your home it is important that you know what to do to keep your loved ones protected. Here are some things that you need to know about black mold.

What Is Black Mold?

Black mold is mold that has become toxic. As mold grows it generally starts out as a green mold. This mold, although dangerous if ingested or inhaled in large amounts, is pretty harmless. Black mold, on the other hand, is much more serious. This is a mold that has toxins within . If you have black mold in your house, it can compromise the health of everyone in the house. 

How Will I Know There Is Black Mold In The House?

The hard thing about mold is that it hides from you. It will stay in the most secluded places in the house. This is because mold grows best in places that are warm, dark, and moist. Many people get mold in their basements, crevices of bathrooms, or in the inside of the walls of their house. This is why it is important to know what to look for.

First, you might notice health problems of people in the house. Mold can cause you to have allergy symptoms, much like asthma. You might have a hard time breathing deeply, get a strange rash, have a dry cough, or suddenly get watery eyes.

Second, you might notice a strange smell in the house. If you have a lot of mold, the smell cannot be ignored. The smell of black mold may make you feel like you need to run out of the house and breath clean air.

Lastly, you will notice black spores throughout the house. It might have the fuzzy appearance of mold, but it will be dark colored.

What Should I Do To Remove The Mold?

You should do nothing to remove the mold; instead, you need to hire a professional (such as American Flood and Fire). Black mold is very dangerous, which means that you shouldn't handle it yourself. If you notice black mold in the house, of even if you suspect mold in the house, you need to have someone come in and test for mold. You may just be seeing a small area of mold, but there could be much more. Thus you should always call a professional.

These are just some things you need to know about black mold.